Benefits of Fresh Fruits in Summer
It’s the summertime!!! God has loaded us with many options to choose from in nature depending upon the different weather conditions, different origins & variable landscapes eg- Apple, orange, kiwi, strawberry, Guava, etc. in winters and Mango, watermelon, melon, etc. in summers.
Getting caught up in scorching heat is common in the summertime, So this time is perfect to have fresh fruits & rejuvenate all your water needs. The fresh fruits in summer-like melons, strawberries, peaches, pineapple, oranges, etc are considered best to consume.
Fruit comes from the Latin word fructus, whose root is frui, "to enjoy." The fruit of a plant, like an orange or banana, is the product of the plant that we enjoy. When “fruit” first entered the English language, it described pretty much anything that could be grown from the ground (vegetables, nuts, and so on). The word narrowed in meaning to the more modern definition sometime around the 13th century.
Let us look at some various benefits of summer fruits which can prove to be boosters during summers:-
Mango is an edible stone fruit produced by the tropical tree Mangifera indica which is believed to have originated in the region between northwestern Myanmar, Bangladesh, and northeastern India. Depending on the cultivar, mango fruit varies in size, shape, sweetness, skin color, and flesh color which may be pale yellow, gold, green, or orange. The mango is the national fruit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines.
Benefits of mangoes:-
- High in Antioxidants:- Antioxidants are important as they protect your cells against free radical damage. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds that can bind to and damage your cell.
- It is a good source of folate, several B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, K, and E — all of which help boost immunity.
- Mango has digestive enzymes, water, dietary fiber, and other compounds which help to maintain good digestive health.
- Helps to improve hair & skin health due to good amounts of vitamin C.
The garden strawberry is a widely grown hybrid species of the genus Fragaria, collectively known as the strawberries, which are cultivated worldwide for their fruit. The fruit is widely appreciated for its characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture, and sweetness. It is consumed in large quantities, either fresh or in such prepared foods as jam, juice, pies, ice cream, milkshakes, and chocolates.
Benefits of strawberries:-
- Helps to improve heart health the body and reduce inflammation.
- Helps to slow down glucose digestion and reduce spikes in both glucose and insulin and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Helps to prevent cancer, Strawberries have been shown to inhibit tumor formation in animals with mouth cancer and in human liver cancer cells.
- Strawberries are low in calories which helps to maintain a good diet.
Blueberries are a widely distributed and widespread group of perennial flowering plants with blue or purple berries. They are classified in the section Cyanococcus within the genus Vaccinium. Vaccinium also includes cranberries, bilberries, huckleberries, and Madeira blueberries.
Benefits of blueberries:-
- Contains a low amount of calories and high nutritional value.
- It contains the highest antioxidants as compared to other fruits or vegetables also.
- Due to high antioxidants, blueberries reduce DNA damage which in turn helps our body to protect against aging and cancer.
- It also helps to maintain healthy brain function and memory.
- It also helps to reduce muscle damage.
A melon is any of various plants of the family Cucurbitaceae with sweet, edible, and fleshy fruit. The word "melon" can refer to either the plant or specifically to the fruit. Botanically, a melon is a kind of berry, specifically a "pepo".
Benefits of Melon
- Very much rich in nutrients.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure due to high potassium and low sodium.
- Contains nutrients vital for repairing & maintaining strong bone health.
- Rich in electrolytes and water content.
- Helps to maintain proper digestion due to high amounts of fiber.
So, now you know which fruits are beneficial for the summer season but now the question arises of what to look in fruit while you go for shopping? Don’t worry we will be guiding you to choose the best out of the lot.
STEP 1: GO SEASONAL
Buying seasonal fruits and vegetables is the foremost and most important step. Because it’s the way nature responds on its own according to the natural conditions like temperature, water requirement, sunlight, etc. It means that you are eating what is best, fresh & healthiest at that particular season.
Well, if you are looking for garden-fresh fruits and vegetables in Noida and Delhi NCR then your search is over. You can visit our store Debon or you can directly order your favorite fruits and vegetables online.
STEP 2: THROUGH THE EYES
Don’t tempt the glossy or shiny finish of the product. Size really doesn’t matter either. Usually, it is medium-sized vegetables and fruits that are colorful but not Photoshop-worthy are your best bet. Leafy vegetables should be fresh and green, that is, they should be soothing to the eyes; without yellowing on the edges or outsides.
TIP: Don’t be afraid of marks and spots. It just means your vegetables and fruits were properly grown in the most natural way possible and are ripening naturally as well. Bananas, in particular, are always more flavourful when they are having slight spots in them.
You can find natural,garden-fresh & exotic fruits & vegetables for eg: fresh broccoli, red & yellow capsicum, basil leaves, blueberry, bok choy, etc which are grown as naturally as possible in our Noida outlet.
STEP-3: SENSE OF TOUCH
One of the most important things while handling fruits and vegetables is that ‘Firmness’ should be there in them.
Apples, tomatoes, bananas, and cabbage are all better when they are firm or tender in the case of fruits like pears. You can check it by slightly squeezing them.
Leafy vegetables should be crisp and springy to the touch. You must also watch out for the difference between firm and ripe, and hard and unripe.
Melons, pumpkins, and other watery veggies like bottle gourd should ideally be heavy, with a full water kind of feeling.
Brinjals should be light in weight and cabbages should not have holes in them as it indicates the presence of vegetable eater insects.
STEP 4: SENSE OF SMELL
This is probably one of the most important tests for checking the freshness of fruits and vegetables. It is a skill that takes time to develop. Do you remember the story of our mom? Yeah, she is an expert in this.
While it is easy to distinguish the smells of fruits & vegetables like bananas and coriander, which have a strong aroma; the same is difficult and less possible with uncut apples. However, a good thumb rule should be to choose produce that has a fragrant smell i.e fresh and aromatic smell like in the case of melons, and earthy in the case of potatoes. The produce that has no smell or smells like its packaging, is not the best option.
Bonus Tip: If you want to buy fruits & vegetables in advance, choose fruits and veggies with fainter aromas; these will ripen in time. You can also wrap it with newspaper to fast forward its ripening process time.
And if you have already purchased them and wanted to slow down their process of ripening, put them in a plastic net and then preserve it in the fruit basket of the fridge.
Important signs to watch out for while buying fresh fruits and vegetables:
- Fruit that is too soft in spots, where you can feel the pits from the skin should be avoided.
- The dark spots that are too wide or too many in number like cabbage, onions Bruises, and inflicted dents are also best avoided.
- Fruits and vegetables that are too hard – might not ripen in time, or at all.
- Any blackening or yellowing of the product that isn’t part of the product’s natural color spectrum, try to avoid that too.
Although Fruits & vegetables are important to consume throughout the year because of their rich, healthy & unique benefits, it’s necessary to at least consume seasonal fruits & vegetables.
Well, DEBON is the one-stop solution for all your problems. It’s one of the best shops which delivers exotic fruits & vegetables in Noida & Delhi NCR with.
What makes us unique?
- Availability of a vast variety of exotic fruits & vegetables which are not easy to find.
- Garden fresh fruits & vegetables at your doorsteps in Noida & Delhi.
- Value for money deals for our beloved customers.
- Free delivery on orders above Rs.1500.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.