Benefits of fresh fruits in Ramadan
To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. Right? As we all know Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, celebrated by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting, prayer, reflection & community. In Ramadan, the fasting is done from dawn to sunset which is known as ‘fard’ & the predawn meal is referred to as ‘suhur’ & the nightly meal after the sunset is called ‘iftar’.
FOOD TO OPT FOR DURING SUHOOR
It is recommended to eat foods that will energize your body & you can perform your daily work throughout the day.
Consume high water content fresh fruits & vegetables during this period like:-
Other than fresh fruits and vegetable chickpeas, lentils, low-fat dairy products, olives & nuts are also consumed during this period.
FOOD TO OPT FOR DURING IFTAR
During iftar, one has to consume food that is loaded with fiber and will help you ease digestion & lots of protein for healthy functioning of the body.
Let’s talk about one of the most popular & finest dry fruits consumed during the month of ramadan i.e Khajoor(Dates). Dates have excellent nutritional value since they are loaded with high amounts of carbs, fiber, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, and vitamin B6.
Let’s look at some more benefits of Khajoor:-
- High in Fiber:- Fiber can help to improve your digestive health by preventing constipation & kickstarting smooth & regular bowel movements.
- High in Anti-oxidants:- Antioxidants protect cells from free radicals, dates have a higher amount of antioxidants as compared to similar types of fruits. Dates contain the most potent antioxidants like flavonoids, carotenoids & phenolic acid.
- Improve brain function:- Studies have found that dates are helpful in lowering inflammatory markers in the brain and thereby preventing plaques from forming in the brain.
- Helps to ease labor:- It may also have the potential to promote cervical dilation & lower the need for induced labor in pregnant women.
- Good source of natural sweetener:- Dates are an excellent source of fructose & are an excellent source of natural sweetener.It is the best substitute for white sugar.
Some more beneficial dry fruits that can prove to be a good source of nutrients during ramadan are as follows:-
AMERICAN DRY ALMONDS
Almonds are known as the King of dry fruits due to their highly nutritive properties such as high amounts of healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Although they are native to the Middle East but the US is the largest producer of almonds.
- Packed with ample amounts of nutrients such as fiber, protein, fat, vitamin & magnesium.
- Almonds are an excellent source of antioxidants.
- They are considered one of the best sources of Vitamin E.
- Due to their low carb, high fiber & protein content, they are very much helpful in controlling blood sugar levels.
- It also contains a good amount of magnesium which also helps in controlling the blood pressure in the body.
DRY BLUEBERRY FRUIT
Dry blueberries are small, sweet & delicious treats that can be enjoyed & added to many ingredients. Dry blueberries are often labeled as a superfood due to their low calories but at the same time good in taste & health.
- Packed with loads of phytonutrients that work as strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds.
- Perfect to strengthen your immune system.
- Prevents the ill-effect of a high-fat diet.
- Helps to keep the cholesterol level in check which in turn helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It also helps to improve your memory & also slow down age-related cognitive disease.
Dried apricots are a type of traditional dried fruit. When treated with sulfur dioxide (E220), the color is vivid orange. Among many fiber-rich fruits, dry apricots are very beneficial for your healthy diet, especially in winters.
The various benefits of dried apricots are obtained when the water content of apricots is evaporated and also retains their nutritional value. Dried fruits are a good source of fiber, iron, potassium, and antioxidants and dried apricot are no different.
- Due to drying the nutrients concentration of apricots increases significantly and provides all the important nutrients.
- Apricots are considered a high source of Vitamin E and Vitamin A which keep our eyes healthy.
- Due to the high amount of beta-carotene it plays an important role in preventing age-related eye disorders.
- Helps to maintain bone density due to the high amount of boron in it.
- Has higher concentrations of vitamins and dietary carotenoids which helps to maintain good skin health.
So, are you looking for exotic fruits, vegetables & dry fruit markets near you during the month of Ramadan? Well, you already know the best place where you can find the best & fresh.
Happy & healthy Munching folks!! Order Now!!