Benefits of Fresh Salmon Fillets let's read some interesting facts about this fish.
Salmon is considered one of the most nutritious seafood available on the planet. This is a popularly known fatty fish and is loaded with ample nutrients. It also may reduce your risk of catching several diseases.
Salmon’s nutritional value can vary from Wild Salmon to Farmed Salmon. Farmed salmon contains slightly more healthy fats and calories, whereas wild-caught salmon is a bit higher in protein. However, both types are great sources of many key nutrients, including selenium, phosphorus, and B vitamins. Selenium is proven to be able to treat and prevent malignant and non-malignant thyroid-related diseases.
Salmon is particularly high in selenium, an important nutrient that is involved in DNA synthesis, thyroid hormone metabolism, and reproductive health.
It’s also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids- a type of heart-healthy fat that can decrease inflammation and support brain health. What’s more, salmon is rich in vitamin B12, which is necessary for producing red blood cells and regulating the health of the central nervous system. The long chain polyunsaturated acids found in Salmon are beneficial in improving cognitive function in Alzheimer’s disease. Studies also show that consumption of Salmon can fend off the risk of stroke-causing blood clots. When compared to dietary supplements, Salmon is a better option if you want to increase your intake of healthy fats.
Salmon is pretty rich in protein, as rich as 100g of it will provide you 22 to 25gms of high-quality protein. Thus it acts as a booster shot in healing wounds along with as a hormone and metabolic health balancer. According to a review published in the Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Salmon also reduces the risk and helps in the treatment of Osteoporosis.
Consuming Salmon can help prevent inflammation caused by chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart diseases as it has anti-inflammatory properties. The study conducted by the University of Iceland claims that Salmon helps in weight reduction.
A fresh Salmon color is bright orange and it gets the color from astaxanthin- it is a carotenoid that is naturally found in plants. Astaxanthin is a hero ingredient in treating cardiovascular diseases and neurodegenerative functions. It also improves skin elasticity as it has naturally occurring collagen in its skin.
Now that you know all (or most) of the health benefits of Salmon, following are some ways by which you can include Salmon in your diet:
- Add it to your favorite salads.
- Once in a while try Burgers with Salmon patties which are as yummy but way tastier than a red meat patty.
- In tuna salad but with salmon in place of tuna.
- Make it a part of your pasta.
- Smoked salmon with guacamole on the bread of your choice with vegetables like tomatoes and cucumbers and lettuce, if you want.
6.A nicely toasted Salmon with a bit of oil and lots of herbs and some crushed pepper with a side of vegetables.
To make it even better, we have a Side of fresh salmon recipe which is not only highly nutritious, but also super delicious and very easy to make. You can order fresh salmon fish fillets from Debon to make this dish even better :
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1½ kg salmon with skin on (that's where the protein is)
1½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp paprika or red chili flakes
½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp honey
1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas.
- Line a large roasting tin with baking parchment or foil to keep the fish from sticking to the pan while cooking. Brush the salmon skin with oil and set it on the paper, skin-side down.
- Combine the ground ginger, paprika, pepper, mustard, honey, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a mixing bowl. It should be uniformly distributed across the meaty side of the fish.
- Roast it for about 20 minutes, uncovered, until the salmon is cooked evenly - test with a knife inserted into the fillet to see whether it flakes easily.
- Serve straight from the tin, or carefully lift the salmon onto a large platter with a few fish slices. Serve with lemon wedges on the side, sliced into sections.
These can also be enjoyed with stir fried broccoli or a seasoning of fresh dill or as per your preference.Debon is here to cater all of your cravings regarding salmon. We deliver fresh Salmon fish fillets at your doorstep. Enjoy fast and convenient fresh salmon delivery from the comfort of your home. Happy and healthy eating!